OK, Monday morning before work I pulled three cards..
Borage, Woad and Mistletoe Reversed
The base card of the pack was Juniper
At half 6 in the morning I thought 'what the hell?' and thought nothing of it. Today I can reflect on those cards with something really interesting, which sort of follows on from the reading I did on Sunday.
Borage I feel relates to needing personal courage to deal with stuff on the inside. Lore comes to mind about people putting borage in their shoes to be safe and couragous on a journey, or for warriors to drink borage tea before going off into battle. It deals with our own inner wobble, that crisis of confidence, that insecurity, that voice that keeps nagging at us and stills it. It fills us not with outward artificial energy, but with our own vitality of who and what we are. Its so easy to forget!
I got so caught up in my bubble yesterday I did self implode (see previous posting if your that nosey!). I needed to stop hiding and deal with why and what I was upset and that had knocked my energy off centre. Not easy but had to be done. For me, true courage is me crying. Im rubbish at it, I feel like I shout at myself whilst I cry because Im meant to be brave and strong and keep it all in - well NO. Infact letting it out was far braver, far more couragous. I feel Borage did give me a bit of help.
Woad is then the next step. Once you realise you have an issue, you've confronted it in your head, you need to DEAL WITH IT. So Woad was that outward I need to speak to people, stand up for my truth and hear their truth and tell them what I think of them.
Not easy.... and very odd for me to do that in a place of owning and being open about my emotions, rather than just masking them behind anger and using the anger to bury my emotions.
So yeah, that was my 'body paint' to contact what had upset me and let them know, talk about it, discuss it and see what occurs.
Mistletoe Reversed shows that sometimes, what you think was one harvested tree, still has unexpectd fruit to grow. I thought I had process things and come to terms with stuff - but then a new stage in that process begins to unfold. First you have the wobble, then the processing, then the clarity :)
So yeah, rather than the very dire 'oh know whats going to be stripped and pulled out of my life now by Ceridwen's scythe' thought on monday morning, has now turned into something really postive that shows how I have stuff to learn still - and thats groovy!
The Juniper to me highlights that cleansing. I needed that emotional 'wash out' to just help with the processing. I needed to cry, to tie up loose ends and feel whole again. And I do feel Im on that way now.
I really do feel these plants are more than just an oracle.. they do offer their healing energies so much, as if their magic is helping you through your stuff! How awesome is that!
Jupiter Transit Natal Mercury
5 months ago
You mentioned "are the plants more than an oracle"? I believe so. Have you looked to see if you can purchase any of these locally? I know you can find online sources. Maybe look and see if you can burn them, make a tea out of them, etc. That would be another way to "infuse" yourself with their healing energies.
ReplyDeleteIf it were me.. I might draw 2, 3 or 4 for a given year, or season, or month, or situation and do that, not necessarily with every reading.. because YOU might not need certain plants, etc.
Just me rambling... we have this deck... love it!!
I agree! This is the deeper next step of working with the plantsat in a way that is more than 'just an oracle'.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to see what seems important to me as this journey unfolds. I dont want to commit myself to too much, else I will get upset with myself if/when life stuff happens and it doesnt all go according to plan :)
Thanks for your comment!
Mistletoe is fab anyway!!! and juniper is on the Justice card of the Druidcraft Tarot, I had that one the other day, the spider in the middle of it!!
ReplyDelete