OK so after all that waffle about moons and calendars I thought about it some more.
I like the idea of the Druid Tree Calendar - but we all know its a bit made up and fake. Well, more than a bit... quite a lot LOL
So I thought about creating a druid plant calendar. But rather than sitting and logically doing it I want to see what the cards pick and then see how it connects to what occurred. Im not referring just to me in that period between moons, but in general - nature, the earth, the general kinda vibe.
But I do think that it needs to be done between the dark moon and first cresent of the moon. No idea why, just a feeling and Im going with my feelings.
So I am going to cheat by asking the deck which plant generally reflects the current lunar cycle. Its a sort of backdated cheque sort of reading, but it should work, for plants know more than most that Linear Time is an Oxymoron :D
I got Madder..
This I will need to ponder further on with less waffle (well, try to have less waffle) later lol
Edited to add after the moon period of Madder has happened
Now Im in the void, the no-moon between this plant and the next (which is Chamomile!) I thought I'd put some thoughts on Madder.
And this period has got madder and madder, or more weirder and weirder LOL. Looking at the ragging on the Elder tree and I did infact do some form of ragging over this period. Interesting huh?
The darkness of this time of year is ruled by Elder, and so by Madder, the weird dark unknown stuff that happens, the darkness of the year, the darkness of the womb, the darkness of the Cauldren of Annwn.
During this time we've had lots of snow, and I cant help be think of the Blood on the Snow, the sacrifices that we offer to improve our lives from one solar year to the next in the form of resolutions. We might even ask for advice from our Elders to pick the right ones, the tweaks other people can see we need to make - a bit of objectivity, as the darkness can fill us with paranoia and insecurity. OR,it could reflect how we often want to sacrifice our Elders as they drive us mad after spending all that time with them over the festive period. LOL.
Resiliance and strength is needed through the cold, the dark, the up and down of family life.... and all the reasons to get pissed with yule and christmas and new year and going back to work again lol.
The Moth i think is such an intrigueing animal with this plant. It is the guardian of the darkness, it will lead us to the light, lead us through the other side and seems always secure that the light will be there - even when we fear we'll never see it again.
Jupiter Transit Natal Mercury
5 months ago
Fascinating concept, your plant calendar. Would you be drawing for the coming month or the previous month? Looking forward to hearing more about it.
ReplyDeleteI find myself more and more intrigued by this deck.
:) Leigh
Im thinking i will do it as when the moon goes into the first cresent. So i'll be creating the calendar as the year turns, and I'll have to remember to take out the cards of the previous months each time LOL
ReplyDelete